Opportunities to Support The Howard School
Howard School students are bright, talented individuals who typically have not thrived in traditional school settings because of their learning differences. The Howard School is an exceptional community, taking a different approach to the way we educate students. Our curriculum makes an enormous difference in the lives of our students and on the whole family.
Because The Howard School is a 501(c)(3), non-profit organization, we depend on the generosity of donors to support financial aid, special programs, annual operating expenses, and future growth. We hope you will consider supporting us today and we thank you for generously helping so many young lives, and so many bright futures.
• Annual Fund gifts are unrestricted which means they are not designated to a particular project, they are used where they are most needed during the current school year.
• The Howard School encourages every family to support the Annual Fund! We strive for 100% participation each year.
• The Howard School is a 501(c)(3) status, tax-exempt, non-profit organization. Annual Fund gifts are 100% tax-deductible.
• 32% of Howard School families received financial aid during the 2010-2011 school year.
• Because of the difference The Howard School makes in the lives of our students and their families, we make every effort to ensure that students needing our school are not turned away for financial reasons.
• Gifts that are designated for financial aid help us provide a Howard School education for all students who need it.
GEORGIA GOAL Tax Credit
• In 2008, the Georgia Assembly passed into law House Bill 1133 which allows individuals and corporations to choose to redirect a portion of their Georgia state income tax dollars for need based financial aid for public school or kindergaten-entry students entering an independent school. The Howard School has partnered with Georgia GOAL, a state approved Student Scholarship Organization (SSO), as required by law to administer this tax credit program. While participation in the program does not replace the charitable contributions that we rely on for our Annual Fund and other programs, it does provide critical funding for financial aid..
• Your participation in the GA GOAL Tax Credit program can be used to support students who want to attend The Howard School, allowing us to increase the financial aid that we can offer new students.
• To participate, please visit the GA GOAL Tax Credit page for more information and for the necessary paperwork.
• Donors may wish to include The Howard School as a beneficiary in their will or trust, or as a beneficiary of a retirement plan or life insurance policy. Donors may also wish to give a specific amount or give a gift of real estate.
• Giving in this way can provide donors with significant tax advantages.
• For more information, please contact the Development Office (404.377.7436, ext. 229).
OTHER RESTRICTED GIFTS
• Restricted gifts are different from Annual Fund gifts because they are designated to a specific program or project. Current Restricted Gift opportunities include:
• Professional Development for Faculty and Staff -- Professional development is an area of critical need for our school because of our specialized approach to learning, and the unique ways we educate students who struggle with learning differences.
• Capital Campaign – The Howard School’s master long-range plan calls for significant growth on our current campus. To find out more about how you can support our long-range efforts, please contact the Development Office (404.377.7436, ext. 229).
• School Endowment – Gifts to our endowment help us balance the school’s budget, applying the earnings directly to the work in the classroom, teacher salaries, and other areas of critical need.
Ways to Give
The Howard School accepts with gratitude gifts of cash, check, and securities. To support The Howard School with a gift or pledge to The Annual Fund, you may download an Annual Fund Pledge Form or make a gift online.
Checks may be made payable to The Howard School and mailed to:
The Howard School
ATTN: Development Office
1192 Foster Street, NW
Atlanta, GA 30318
Often a gift of appreciated stock provides the donor with tax benefits. In addition to the charitable deduction a donor can take for the full fair market value of the stock, a donor can avoid paying capital gains tax on the appreciation.
To make a stock gift to The Howard School, download the transfer instructions and information needed to provide to your broker. Securities Transfer Instructions
The Howard School is a 501(c)(3) status, tax-exempt, non-profit organization. Our tax ID number is 58-0611768.